The City of Jericho -> TO KILL A PREDATOR
INFORMATION & SETTING
Welcome, friend!

We are a mature, no wordcount original sci-fi RP set in the fictitious future city of Jericho.

Please register with your character's first and last name in REGULAR CAPITALIZATION

JERICHO
SUMMER, 309J
ADMINS
MODERATORS
UPDATES
11/9/14
The Jericho Unity Festival Event is coming soon!

10/18/14
Notice some shiny awards badges under your avatar?

10/8/14
Check out all of our canons characters!

8/27/14
Congratulations Ben! Welcome to the staff team! With this appointment, staff is no longer hiring!

8/19/14
Please welcome Callisto as the fourth member on our staff team!

7/23/14
Welcome, weez, our new mod!

7/5/14
We just installed automatically-generated claims, so check them out here. We are also collecting character quotes, so send them in using the Claims form.

6/29/14
Drea has been promoted to staff! Also, we just installed automatic "fake" post templates, so all your posts will look like it has a template around it. If you want to make a post without the template, simply use the "notemplate" button.

5/19/14
We just implemented a new application system! Now, instead of copying and pasting a code, your account profile will serve as the application! With the new custom profile fields, it has all the information the admin needs to accept your character, and provides a handy reference for other members who may need to look them up!
CREDITS
site credits here~ skin by vanessa of atf and shine. the pop out cbox code was created by kismet of rpg directory. thanks to darren criss of shine for the beautiful mini-profile! automatic post template by drea. all original content of this site belongs to nambs and the individual members.

Attention: This RP is now closed. Please view the Announcement threads for more details.
STATIC AFFILIATES

Thinking Out Loud

SCROLLING AFFILIATES

A Harry Potter Mystery RPG Crusader Citadel
The Kill Factor Legends - An Original Shifter RP

TO KILL A PREDATOR, OLIVER REID
Alexis Parsons
 Posted: Sep 21 2014, 01:44 AM
TOASTIE
is Offline
27 posts
Lawyer
Single

Awards: None

The loss was a major blow to Alexis. One that had her tossing and turning in her sleep. She even noticed her productivity slowly declining as her resentment and anger began to build. She was sure that he was guilty, in fact she was convinced that all the evidence had pointed to him. His lawyer had been one step ahead and took her win right from under her. In her eyes the defendant was an utter scumbag that managed to get away scot-free. Alexis had represented plenty of guilty men before and won their cases, she has also prosecuted many innocent men and won. It might have been a bit of a double standard, but the man had a horrible record, and was a very corrupted individual that has murdered woman an children without blinking an eye. This was not the kind of thing Alexis wanted to allow to happen.

It wasn't so much about her loss anymore, as it was about the fact she needed to some how bring this man to justice. Unothadox wasn't normally a route that Alexis would take, but she was desperate to do so. This was why she had taken the time to dig up what she could from government files. She needed to find a way out of the nightmares and the constantly nagging that occurred from not being able to win her case. This man did not deserve freedom and she couldn't see how things could go any other way. When the legal system failed, it was often up to the citizens to take things into their own hands. Oliver Reid was her ticket to justice. It wasn't uncommon for her to go between levels to meet up with clients from time to time to gather case information, though she had to admit it had been a while since she found herself on level D.

Alexis stepped into the small homey coffee shop, figuring that this would be the most appropriate place to approach Oliver than any of the other location she had gathered from his files. Her eyes scanned the board, she wasn't interested in anything but she was scoping out the area to make sure it would be okay to strike up a conversation. Luckily for her the cafe was empty. Her eyes landed on a man behind the counter. "Mr. Reid?" Alexis walked closer to the counter, carrying herself as though she was about to conduct a business transaction, which was the case, but this would be one she had never exactly carried out before. "My name is Alexis Parsons. I was hoping that you had a minute to speak with me and consider an offer I wish to discuss with you," she looked around making sure no one was about to walk in. "This opportunity is one I don't really wish to discuss in public, though I am sure you understand." She kept her voice low.
PM
^
Oliver Reid
 Posted: Sep 21 2014, 07:19 AM
Silver
is Offline
17 posts
Spy/Assassin, Barista
Single

The timer went off with a deafening ring. Oliver offhandedly threw his magazine next to the sink and swiftly stood to turn it off, feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve. He opened the oven and was immediately hit in the face by the intense heat and the sweet cinnamon scent. A grin spread widely on his lips as he reached for the mitts and grabbed the plates out and up on the counter. As much as the delicate, sugary odor of the buns made him salivate with anticipation, they weren’t completely finished. They missed some frosting.

He wasn’t, in fact, the baker for the café—he wasn’t even that good. He was still learning, and if he was being honest, he had no idea if these cinnamon buns would turn out fine or not. It was Jerry and his wife, Carol, who cooked the pastries for the shop whenever they had a shift. They were just nice enough to let him use their equipment and supplies whenever he felt like trying out recipes, as long as it didn’t interfere with his other duties. Carol often coached him, and the woman was a good mentor; her muffins and donuts were to die for. He’d found, ever since he’d been employed here, that he enjoyed cooking stuff as much as eating them (which meant something, what with him being an addict whenever it came to sugar). It made for a nice change of pace from his other job.

Pastries rarely shot at you if you didn’t bluff them properly, truth be told.

Not that he didn’t like being a spy, obviously. It’s what he’d been born to do. Some people needed to be put in their place, and he was happy to get his hands dirty in order to do so. Jericho had its fair share of crimes, even if it was relatively safe up in D. He loved actively getting rid of potential threats, though. He felt he could make a difference, that what he did mattered.

These buns, however, were for his daughter. It took precedence over evildoers, as he’d promised he’d bring some treats home after work. Crime didn’t rest, but Oliver had to, from time to time. It was one of those rare times where Jericho hadn’t assigned him any mission, and he planned to make the best out of it.

He quickly put the finishing touch on the pastries and left them on the counter as he made his way back to the front of the shop. The clock said 8:26 PM; no customer had come in for the past hour. The café was completely deserted. Not really a shock, as Friday nights were usually dead here. People would rather go to the bars and drink up, which was fair enough. He grabbed a towel and decided to tidy the place a bit, for a lack of better things to do, and began dancing to the rhythm of the radio as he wiped at everything. He’d close the café soon, anyway.

When the bell chimed sharply to announce a customer walking through the door, Oliver stopped cleaning the coffee machines (and shimmying) and looked up with his best smile at the new arrival. She was dressed neatly and had a serious air going about her, but he wasn’t daunted by how professional she seemed to be. As she came closer and addressed him by his name, he wondered if he should know her from somewhere, but couldn’t recall ever seeing her around here before. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Alexis. Hum, I guess we could go in the back?” he said as he motioned for her to follow him behind the counter and into the kitchens. Entering the room, he made his way towards the floor covered counter and jumped on one of them, next to the trays of buns. He dusted his hands on his apron. “Should I be worried? Is this about Hannah?”

This woman didn’t sit well with him, but he didn’t let his discomfort show on his features. If anything, he did his best to look as friendly as possible. She seemed inoffensive, for the most part, but something about her made his skin itch. He didn’t recall ever seeing her around before, and now that he thought about it, she was way too well-kept to be from D. She looked too… official.

--------------------
user posted image
PM Email
^
Alexis Parsons
 Posted: Sep 22 2014, 10:00 PM
TOASTIE
is Offline
27 posts
Lawyer
Single

The smells of the cafe were starting to get to her, her mouth was already starting to water but she needed to remind herself that she was here on business and couldn't get distracted. Alexis followed Oliver to the back, taking note of their surroundings just to ensure that their conversation would, indeed remain private. Oliver inquired about Hannah and Alexis found herself mentally scrambling through the files of information she had gone through to track him down.

"Hannah?!" She blinked. Alexis was caught off guard. Alexis was so wrapped up in what sorts of things she was going to attempt to discuss when him, that she almost forgot about his adoptive daughter. She had read the name a few times but never really took it into consideration. Alexis waved he hand dismissing the subject completely. "No, nothing about Hannah. This is about you Mr. Reid. Specifically how you can help me."

She pulled out a file from her bag and handed it to him. "Robert Larson. Twenty-four years old, Level B, charged with four accounts premeditated homicide." Alexis could feel herself starting to get uncomfortable as she rattled off what information she remembered. "All his records are there, the spots that he frequents, the people he is connected to." she let out a bit of a deep sigh. "I don't normally ask this, but I want him to bring to justice since I failed to do so in the courtroom." Alexis couldn't have sounded frustrated, it was hard to really focus on her words as she started to think about how she had gotten so close to winning the case. Attempting that she failed at doing her job was just as hard as well. "I know that is a lot for me to ask, but I would be willing to pull some strings in whatever way that would benefit you Mr. Reid."

She pulled out a card. "You can reach me at that number on the back, the other one is my office number." She paused for a moment, realizing that she had completely left out any sort of real introduction. "I'm sorry, I probably should reintroduce myself. " She was beginning to realize how strange this all might have sounded. "I'm Alexis Parson, Attorney at law. I work with a firm on level B and have been the past few years. I normally win all my cases, but this one," She looked down at the folder in Oliver's hand and sighed. "This was one of the ones that got away from me when it shouldn't have. There wasn't enough evidence to bring him down but I know he did it. I know he murdered woman and children. Everything pointed to that, but my suspicions are that he pulled a few strings under the table."
PM
^
Oliver Reid
 Posted: Sep 29 2014, 07:39 AM
Silver
is Offline
17 posts
Spy/Assassin, Barista
Single

Oliver silently stared back at her with a frown. It would be an understatement to say he was worried about how much she seemed to know about his situation. He could feel his grip tighten around the counter’s edge and his face harden as she talked— she had a lot of guts walking up to him and requesting his help, he had to give her that. The thing was, he didn’t appreciate somebody he knew nothing of having information on his whereabouts; he liked to think only a select few officials had access to his files. It was essential that his life and work remained private at all cost. He didn’t care about himself as much as Hannah’s safety, if he was being honest, so keeping his cover was a no-brainer.

What if this was an elaborate setup? What if Alexis was dangerous, what would happen if he refused her offer? Would he be in danger? Would Hannah be in danger? There were too many unknowns, and he hated unknowns. They always bit you in the ass whenever you least expect it. She looked sincere about her intentions, though, but he knew better than to blindly trust a stranger. Being skeptical was Spy 101, and he was way past that.

Then again, she could turn up to be useful. She clearly had many connections and strings to pull if she’d been able to get a hand on his records, seeing as they couldn’t possibly be accessed by anybody outside of the Jerichan government. You could never have enough contacts in his line of work, and if Alexis proved herself to be somebody he could count on, all the better. He’d have to do some research on her as soon as he got out of here, do a background check, maybe go and see the firm she works at… He had to verify her legitimacy. He’d never been approached like this, and it was distressful.

“A bun?” he said as he grabbed at the warm pastries next to him and handed one her way. He lifted one to his lips and took a large bite, humming appreciatively at the taste. Pretty good, for a first try. He continued, munching at the bun all the while, “So, Alexis—I can call you Alexis, right?— enlighten me as to why I shouldn’t kill you right here, right now. Don't get me wrong: I want to believe you, since what you’re trying to do is noble and exactly my kind of gig. Problem is, I don’t know you and I can’t know for sure you’re not going to backstab me as soon as I turn around. It’s the world I live in. See what I mean?”

He started skimming through the file she’d handed him about Robert Larson, reaching for yet another bun to munch on. He’d need to do some extra validation outside of this, as he wouldn’t want to kill an innocent if Alexis was indeed wrong about her case, but the intel she put in there seemed thorough and researched. Just how he’d expected it to be, given her professionalism. He was impressed.

--------------------
user posted image
PM Email
^
Alexis Parsons
 Posted: Oct 20 2014, 09:45 PM
TOASTIE
is Offline
27 posts
Lawyer
Single

Alexis took the bun that was offered to her. For a moment she carefully inspected it before looking back at Oliver and taking a bite. The question he rose to her seemed fair enough and she did not blame him at all for being worried. Alexis knew she would have the very same reaction if someone was to approach her in the same manner. "If I wanted to die I would have been sloppy with my movements. You kill me and its a waste of effort. If there is something you don't like or you find you can't trust about me all you have to do is turn in the file. My finger prints all over it, and my whereabouts for today all point to me being here. I can only trust you to keep my secret safe in the same way that you can trust me. We are both dead if we don't do our jobs. You can't expect me to sink the boat without me going down with you Mr. Reid."

Alexis gave him a bit of a softer look. "I just want justice, even if my name isn't about to be recognized for it. I try hard to do my job, to win my cases, but every once in a while even I can't stop those that deserve to be. That's when other means need to be arranged. They used some short cuts for the trial, and well, I'll use mine." There was no doubt that there was a great amount of anger in her voice as she spoke but it wasn't directed at him. In Alexis's eyes she was as trust worthy as a lawyer could get. At least when she wasn't in front of a judge and trying to win a case.

"I can't force you to trust me, or to even do this, but if you can't I expect you to point me to someone that can and pretend this meeting never happened." Once again her professionalism returned, her emotions tucking themselves away. There was no time to get lost in anger or anything like that. "Do this for me and you will have one of the best lawyers this city has to offer backing you. Believe me Mr. Reid when I say my name will soon be recognized. I am building my profile as we speak and pretty soon I will outshine the old grumps before me and the ones of my class that aren't quite as good." Alexis had a lot of confidence but that was perhaps was one of the reasons why she had gotten so far.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

STATIC AFFILIATES

Thinking Out Loud

SCROLLING AFFILIATES

A Harry Potter Mystery RPG Crusader Citadel
The Kill Factor Legends - An Original Shifter RP

<% SKIN SELECTOR %>

SKINNED BY VANESSA OF ATF AND SHINE