The City of Jericho -> This Is Not An Arrest
INFORMATION & SETTING
Welcome, friend!

We are a mature, no wordcount original sci-fi RP set in the fictitious future city of Jericho.

Please register with your character's first and last name in REGULAR CAPITALIZATION

JERICHO
SUMMER, 309J
ADMINS
MODERATORS
UPDATES
11/9/14
The Jericho Unity Festival Event is coming soon!

10/18/14
Notice some shiny awards badges under your avatar?

10/8/14
Check out all of our canons characters!

8/27/14
Congratulations Ben! Welcome to the staff team! With this appointment, staff is no longer hiring!

8/19/14
Please welcome Callisto as the fourth member on our staff team!

7/23/14
Welcome, weez, our new mod!

7/5/14
We just installed automatically-generated claims, so check them out here. We are also collecting character quotes, so send them in using the Claims form.

6/29/14
Drea has been promoted to staff! Also, we just installed automatic "fake" post templates, so all your posts will look like it has a template around it. If you want to make a post without the template, simply use the "notemplate" button.

5/19/14
We just implemented a new application system! Now, instead of copying and pasting a code, your account profile will serve as the application! With the new custom profile fields, it has all the information the admin needs to accept your character, and provides a handy reference for other members who may need to look them up!
CREDITS
site credits here~ skin by vanessa of atf and shine. the pop out cbox code was created by kismet of rpg directory. thanks to darren criss of shine for the beautiful mini-profile! automatic post template by drea. all original content of this site belongs to nambs and the individual members.

Attention: This RP is now closed. Please view the Announcement threads for more details.
STATIC AFFILIATES

Thinking Out Loud

SCROLLING AFFILIATES

A Harry Potter Mystery RPG Crusader Citadel
The Kill Factor Legends - An Original Shifter RP

This Is Not An Arrest, [Open]
Tess Monet
 Posted: Jun 19 2014, 07:07 PM
Drea
is Offline
69 posts
Soldier
Widowed Matthew Smith; Class E

Awards: 2

“Shut up Gregor. We need to arrest someone, not ponder the mysteries of life,” Tess scanned the sterile waiting room as she waited for the citizen who should be arriving for a weekly appointment.

She sighed and idly drummed her fingers against her waist where the standardized weapon and a pair of handcuffs hung ready. Assignments like these were not common, but it consisted of a lot of tracking and waiting.

“This isn’t an arrest,”
her partner pointed out as he took a sip of coffee.

“You’re right, but Level E has jurisdiction over civilians in Jericho last I checked,” Tess replied and then smirked, “And this might as well be. We have orders to detain them and to use force if necessary.”

The use of force seemed unlikely due to the mild atmosphere of the waiting room. The citizen of Level C—aside from a few from the lower levels who were visiting for appointments—expressed less fear and resentment towards the soldiers than the lower levels.

“It practically feels like they’re leaning towards us, as if they think we can protect them, doncha think?” Tess commented, “I can get used to this.”

Before her partner could respond, the doors slid open. Tess stood up and held her badge up as she bounded over, “Jericho military. We need to bring you in for questioning.”
PM AIM
^
Suki Ito
 Posted: Nov 5 2014, 10:10 PM
Dagger
is Offline
19 posts
Chairwoman, Board of Education
Single

Awards: None

Suki Ito hated the hospital. She hated how it tried to make pain and suffering and death something clean and serene and normal. She hated the smiles of the nurses that didn’t reach their eyes. She hated the way that only the higher-level patients had doctors that spent more than a few minutes with them before subscribing pills and a follow-up visit.

But, really, if she was honest, she hated it because they had ticked a checkbox off on a chart and removed her little sister’s life-support. So what if the parents had agreed to it? So what if it was standard procedure for a patient that showed no sign of ever waking up. So what if some stranger signed some law that suggested that all unnecessary drains on Jericho’s systems be limited?

It was her sister.

And if anyone had deserved a wait…a miracle…just a chance…

Ironic that a Hospital called New Hope had offered none to Hanako.

Ito nodded regally to the woman behind the transparent glass. The woman flashed on of those fake smiles—obviously unaware of who she was—and asked if she could help with anything.

“I’ve come to see Doctor Blair.”
She admitted, shifting her bag on her shoulder, and intentionally staring at her nails. It was a bored elegant piece of body-language that she’d learned from her mother and had no compunction about using it on this unfortunate secretary.

After filling out the customary paperwork and the customary waiting, she noted that Doctor Blair, as usual, was running late. Even in the modern age, one couldn’t rely on the promptness of a physician.

Staring out the window into a tiny manicured lawn outside of the hospital, Ito wondered why she even bothered. In theory, she was here to make sure that there were no lasting injuries from the accident at the bridge and that she was in general health. In practice, she was trying to get some very important information out of the Doctor.

The door to the waiting room opened, a simple sliding of the doors, and two military officers strode in at a rapid pace. One of them, a brunette with a no-nonsense attitude, shoved a badge in Ito’s face.

“Questioning?” Ito’s eyes widened, “Me? Founder’s Wisdom! Whatever for?”

The only vaguely illegal thing she’d ever done was leave a few threatening messages for that idiot Janice Reese—who seemed to believe that all children should be forced to work with stone-age equipment and learn under the harsh rule of tyrants—and, of course, her slightly clandestine work with Dr. Blair. Neither of which seemed actionable by the City’s military and neither of which she’d been carelessly sharing with anyone. So the question remained… why on earth would anyone want to bring her in for questioning?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tess Monet
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 08:34 PM
Drea
is Offline
69 posts
Soldier

Tess was not fazed by the woman’s surprised reaction. She did, however, nearly smirk at the expression that had escaped her lips. No founder’s wisdom was going to help her now.

There was an art to taking someone in for questioning. Tess lowered her badge and slowly took a step backwards to appear less threatening as Gregor discreetly blocked the exit doors. The trick was to say enough to make the suspect willing to come with them but not enough to cause panic.

“There has been a recent…injury that might have had ill-intent, Miss Ito,” Tess glanced at Suki Ito’s bio on the screen before shifting the slim device back into her uniform pocket. The other parents were starting to stare and Tess didn’t feel the need to cause a scene.

“Now please, come with us. I’d really hate using these cuffs. We’ll be going through the nearest portal,” she nodded towards Gregor to motion the woman to follow him out the door.
PM AIM
^
Suki Ito
 Posted: Nov 8 2014, 09:58 AM
Dagger
is Offline
19 posts
Single

“I hardly see what that has to do with me.” Ito replied, narrowing her eyes at the female peacekeeper. She tried to think of anyone with injuries she knew of and her mind came up blank. One of her brothers had broken an arm recently doing something ridiculous and antiquated called “parkour” and she had, accidentally, smacked a tennis ball into someone’s face but neither of those required Class-E involvement.

Her eyes darted to the male peacekeeper that was trying to block the doors without being obvious about it. Suki Ito, a flight risk? It was as laughable as her being a suspect. Which, come to think of it, wasn’t much of a laughing matter, was it?

“Aigoo.” She muttered, drawing herself up to her full height and turning a cold gaze on the woman.

“Keep your cuffs on your belt.” Ito ordered, “I’ll play along with this charade. However…” She gave a distant, slightly malicious looking smile to the woman, “if this leaks out to the press, it’ll be more than my lawyer that you’ll be hearing from.”

Ito put her hand on her bag and strode after the officer. Her father wasn’t good for much—besides the occasional holiday gift or as an ally in the fight for better education practices—but he took the family’s honor seriously. If these Level-E grunts thought that she was an easy target, they would certainly find out differently very soon.

“Shall we?”
She arched a brow at the male cop and crossed her arms.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tess Monet
 Posted: Nov 9 2014, 01:01 PM
Drea
is Offline
69 posts
Soldier

Tess sighed upon realizing the status of the woman they were taking in for questioning. She was relatively high ranking as the chairwoman on the Board of Education. That meant that any wrong-doing of the military could have more reproductions than expected; Tess couldn’t be rough with her like she might be with a Fencer or Outsider. There had been times where Tess had knocked someone in the side of the head, but she would have to take caution in this situation.

Tess’s concern was confirmed by the threats coming from the woman’s mouth. She gave Suki a terse smile and then nodded at her partner to head out of the building.

As they made their way toward the portal, Tess responded to Suki’s earlier statement, “I’ve had my fair share of lawyers, ma’m, and I think I can handle whatever else you want to throw at me. As you probably know, the Jerichian government is closely aligned with the military, so don’t think that you are well-protected…especially when it comes to attempted murder.”

She timed it so that they were walking past some cameras that were hooked up to facial recognition and response analysis algorithms that would catch the chairwoman’s response.
PM AIM
^
Suki Ito
 Posted: Nov 10 2014, 12:50 PM
Dagger
is Offline
19 posts
Single

Hyun had told her once that she had no cause to make other people’s lives miserable. That the world was tough enough without her acting like Mother. But who listened to their baby-sister? And besides that, Hyun wasn’t the one who was being arrested today. If she had been, she probably would have been surly too.

So pushing away a temporary consideration of matters of conscience, Ito examined the woman as she droned on and on. She was pretty and a little exotic-looking for a soldier. Although, perhaps that was class-bias. No reason that a soldier couldn’t be attractive. The peacekeeper certainly had that unique chance-and-diversity look that Ito preferred over the elite cookie-cutter Caucasian brunettes. Too many scientists seemed to think that being like Raith or Bishop meant that the Class-A s should look rather like them. Like a religious homage, she supposed, to the ageless gods, the pinnacles of human achievement.

Not that anyone would say that aloud. This was an age of science, not sentimentality, after all.

Ito flicked her eyes back to the woman’s, and continued to listen to the woman’s polite push-back against her threats without expression. When the peacekeeper finished, Ito gave her the smallest and fakest smile she could manage.

“How kind of you to make our fine city sound like a police-state. I’m very intimidated.” She didn’t sneer, only because such an outburst would be unlady-like. However, she let a cold sarcasm seep into her tone. “And I believe that innocence is a fine protection, don’t you? Once we get this…inconvenience…over with, perhaps you can do some actual investigating.”

She didn’t know details, of course, and it possibly someone had slit their own throat or been knocked off over the weekend. But besides being a character-witness, she didn’t know anything about anything. She didn’t have friends. Just colleagues, political allies and enemies. It wasn’t like there was anyone to cry over if they happened to get killed…

A few steps from the portal, Ito froze and turned on her heel to the Class-E woman. “My family.” She swallowed, “Is my family okay?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tess Monet
 Posted: Nov 11 2014, 02:26 PM
Drea
is Offline
69 posts
Soldier

Tess’ face remained passive as the woman expressed her annoyance with the arrest. Gregor’s judging eyes burned in Tess’ direction. Someone must have warned him of Tess’ “insufferable” need to create unnecessary arguments. Inside, her mind shot insults at the sarcastic woman left and right, perhaps visible to Suki in the narrowing of her eyes. Holding in her thoughts proved harder than she thought, causing the want for indiscretion.

“Lets get this inconvenience over then,”
she replied without haste.

More so, Tess despised the sharp undertones of the privileged such as the one walking ahead of her. They were often cruel, venomous words, spat out with a hint of friendly decorum, but with a hint of something sinister underneath. Growing up with Class A and B citizens before being shipped off to military school gave Tess that bitter taste, and she wondered if she would have turned out like one of them if she had stayed on the pompous level. In reality, she was simply jealous.

The discernible cameras, and some hidden, caught Suki’s expression from three different angles.

“Depends who you consider your family,”
Tess purposely taunted with a raised brow. She pressed a button her Jericho military-issued watch that would get ready to send the clips in for analysis. The button also temporarily disabled the cameras, and at that convenient moment, Gregor turned away.

“She’s alive, if that’s what you’re worried about,” She watched for another expression as she swiftly moved forward, changing their destination. Grabbing the woman’s shoulder with some force, Tess shoved her into the portal so that she would come out – hopefully – disoriented and stumbling out the other side. That would be where the entrance to the military’s cell would be waiting and where Tess would turn into the interrogator.
PM AIM
^
Suki Ito
 Posted: Nov 11 2014, 05:27 PM
Dagger
is Offline
19 posts
Single

The peacekeeper managed to keep a civil tongue in her head. Her sarcasm was almost paper-thin compared to Ito’s earlier statements. She could read annoyance in the woman’s body-language but she did a rather remarkable job of masking it. A personal attribute or something learned when being inducted into Class-E…?

She tilted her head, waiting for the woman’s reply, as she asked about her family. A sudden urge to pop that smug smile off the other woman's face rose in Ito’s chest but she squashed it down like she had to. There was no way that Father and Mother would ever forgive her for brawling with a representative of the City in broad daylight. Instead, she took a shaking breath and forced a thin smile. “Is that an attempt at wit? I’m flattered. Unimpressed, but flattered to be the recipient of such great efforts.”

Founders Wisdom! Family was family. It wasn’t a trick question. It wasn’t like she’d asked if everyone in blue shirts on Level C slept peacefully at 9:00 P.M. or something equally complicated and unknowable. If Class-E had taken the trouble to seek her out and drag her in for questioning, then they knew who she was and who her family was.

Either the brunette hadn’t done any research on Ito, or she simply didn’t care enough to give a complete response. And then she dropped a female pronoun, declaring “her” alive.

“She?” Ito’s eyes widened, instantly commanding in the same voice that she used on rowdy children and obnoxious board-members, “Endeavor to be more specific.”

Ito felt hands on her shoulders and she was almost tossed into the portal to Class-E headquarters. She felt that uncomfortable tingle of portal-travel, something she’d never gotten used to, and arrived, tottering on her designer heels.

Ito instantly drew herself up, secured her bag on her shoulder and then casually brushed at the shoulders of her asymmetrical purple dress. If these peacekeepers thought that could intimidate her with vague statements and pushes, they deserved their common reputation as obedient, brainless flunkies. Her eyes flashed over the building entrance with a judgmental critical air. Unlike the education buildings that she frequented, there was nothing welcoming and elegant about it. Just the typical grandiose posing and towering architecture that the military-mind seemed to prefer.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tess Monet
 Posted: Nov 13 2014, 08:09 PM
Drea
is Offline
69 posts
Soldier

Tess began to scowl as the woman made jabs pertaining to the quantity of her wit. Tess had graduated with honors, and she wasn’t going to let someone who thought a higher classification equated to being able to make a clever comeback. Unfortunately Tess could not come up with something to profess her wittiness at the moment.

Endeavor to be more specific? The nerve of her to flaunt such pretentious words! Now Tess really wanted to shove her.

“I have no idea what that means, lady. Your wit must have went over my head,” she retorted as she shoved her forward.

To Tess’ distain, Suki came out of the portal unscathed and more worried about her outfit.

“What the hell was that?” Gregor emerged from the portal after the two of them. Tess pretended to ignore him for a moment as she scanned the side door leading into an intermediate room.

“I got this, take the day off,”
Tess opened the door to the questioning room. Dimly let, a single metal chair and table could be seen inside. On the table was a scanner of some sort.

“I’'m going to grab a pretzel,” Gregor left, and Tess turned to Suki, “After you.”
PM AIM
^
Suki Ito
 Posted: Nov 13 2014, 10:29 PM
Dagger
is Offline
19 posts
Single

They were not bonding. Instead, animosity, seemed to be building and Ito was certain that she had been the cause of some of it. But she couldn’t seem to gather the inclination to feel sorry for it. The peacekeeper had been less than civil and that shove had been rather unprofessional.

It was on the top of Ito’s tongue to quip back in a saccharine tone, ‘That’s not surprising’ but the semi-murderous glint in the brunette’s eyes made her refrain. Still, she treasure the comeback in her mind and it made her feel better.

Not happy to be arrested, but a little less powerless.

She cast the male officer a look as he questioned his partner. She glanced between them, as if to silently ask, if his partner was always this “handsy” with her suspects.

Ito raised her eyebrows as the brunette told the man to take off. “Obviously this isn’t a case of any urgency then…” She muttered, adding as the man left, “…since we have time for pretzels.”

Ito refused to be cowed by the intimidating room that had been indicated. She favored the peacekeeper with a fake smile, and strode in. She dropped her bag on the tabletop, slipped her simple black coat on the back of the chair and sat down primly. “It’s charming. I’m sure you’d be more comfortable with handcuffs and screws…and…what exactly do we use for masochistic décor in this age?”

She folded her hands on the table. “Feel free to begin when you’re ready.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tess Monet
 Posted: Nov 17 2014, 08:10 PM
Drea
is Offline
69 posts
Soldier

“Oh please. I can inflict as much pain on your skinny ass with or without gadgetry, and no offense, but you look like one to burst into tears if your coat got a little dirtied up,” Tess slid the door closed. It sounded with a hiss of air as the lock clicked into place. Tess wasn’t one for finding pleasure in inflicting pain. Rather, she enjoyed spite through mental afflictions. She knew of some soldiers like Jaffe Roth who openly harassed fencers, and no one was brave— or stupid— to do a damn thing about it because he’d shaft them down with him, and then some.

Suki should consider herself a lucky gal to be arrested by Tess.

“This is a lie detector,” Tess pointed to the rectangular device the size of a tablet that had a flat surface to fit a hand. “Place your left palm on it and state in ‘I’ format your full name, occupation, and what you ate this morning.”

The room was darker with the door closed, and the display on the nearly fool-proof lie detector would light up green for truth, yellow for inconclusive, and red for lie. Tess guessed they would start seeing greens, but eventually the board would light up red.
PM AIM
^
Suki Ito
 Posted: Nov 18 2014, 10:39 AM
Dagger
is Offline
19 posts
Single

Ito raised an eyebrow. There was a small rush of adrenaline at the woman peacekeepers mild threats. Rubbing a nail against the curve of her palm between her index finger and thumb, she kept her posture straight and her expression blank. Inclining her head to the side, she replied calmly, “It is a very nice coat.”

A lie detector? It had the dubious honor of being the first one that she’d ever seen—at least this model—she’d seen one in the court. It had been an intimidatingly large device that snapped over the wrist of the accused. Hopefully, this small utilitarian one was the only lie detector she ever had to face.

Retrieving a handkerchief from her bag, she lightly wiped the surface of the device before placing her palm on it. “I am Suki Ito. Chairwoman for the Board of Education. Hot tea and a…cookie.”

It had been a busy morning, too busy for a proper breakfast and...leftover peanut-butter cookies had simply been to tempting to avoid. Maybe it would work in her favor. Killers and criminals probably ate cigars cut up in porridge for breakfast.

Ito flexed her hand. This was going to be obnoxious to hold her hand out like this. Hooking the chair legs with one foot, she dragged herself a little closer to the table. Settling back in, she wondered how long this would go on before she felt like calling for a lawyer.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Tess Monet
 Posted: Nov 20 2014, 08:11 PM
Drea
is Offline
69 posts
Soldier

Tess steady watched the sensors on the machine. Her concentration soon wavered at Suki’s response.

“You call that a breakfast?” she snorted as the sensors lit up green, “Unfortunately you weren’t lying. Good thing you have an empty stomach. I don’t feel like cleaning your barf from these floors.”

Of course Tess wasn’t planning on torturing Suki or other stomach upheaval-inducing methods, but she hoped that her suggestions would cause some ease in the woman’s stomach.

“Next set of questions,” she tried not to smirk, “We should up the ante a alittle more, make sure the results are accurate. Who was the last person you slept with, where did it take place, and was it any good?”

Just then the doors opened and Gregor came back in out of breath and sans pretzel, “I deeply apologize madam chairwoman.”

Tess groaned.

“You are free to leave. I’m afraid there had been a case of mistaken identity.”
PM AIM
^
Suki Ito
 Posted: Nov 23 2014, 05:07 PM
Dagger
is Offline
19 posts
Single

Ito arched an eyebrow at the woman. “What did you have for breakfast? Protein bars and raw eggs? I don’t see why you should be criticizing my eating habits, anyway. It’s hardly your concern.”

She took a breath and tried to draw her attention back to the lie-detector and the questions and not the peacekeeper’s rude manner. The next question should enlighten her as to why she was here. Who exactly had died. Something useful and telling.

Trying to staunch the flood of red embarrassment to her face, Ito lifted her chin a little higher and narrowed her brown eyes. A witty remark. All she needed was something icy and scathing and that utterly convinced the other woman that she should never ask such personal questions ever again. But her mind blanked, only coming up with a flood of stupid responses, such as “How dare you”, “None of your business” and “Do you want to be charged with sexual harassment?”

And not a single of them did a good enough job at covering the truth about Ito’s virginity and how extremely uncomfortable this was making her. Why couldn’t she have asked about teeth-brushing habits or the name of her childhood pet or her favorite color?

“I think my sexual activities,” or lack thereof, she thought, eying the lie-detector, “are…”

The Pretzel-Seeker flung open the doors, apologizing with a gasping profuseness that was oddly pleasing. Ito looked at him, rose from her chair, slipped on her coat, slung her bag over her shoulder and gave them both an unforgiving superior stare.

“For the record, sir,” she turned her eyes to the female officer, “miss, you have been unnecessarily insulting and physically intimidating. I will be lodging a complaint. You’ve made my job a little harder by taking me from it…” Never mind the truth that she’d been at the hospital on a private matter, “and I feel justified in returning the favor.”

Her sisters would have bade them a good day. Her mother would have flitted out with a “Another time, darlings”. Aunt would have smiled and nodded her head. Ito stalked out without further comment.

Note: Close thread. =)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

STATIC AFFILIATES

Thinking Out Loud

SCROLLING AFFILIATES

A Harry Potter Mystery RPG Crusader Citadel
The Kill Factor Legends - An Original Shifter RP

<% SKIN SELECTOR %>

SKINNED BY VANESSA OF ATF AND SHINE